Purpose: If you’re ever feeling down about yourself, mist yourself with this Self-Love Spray.
Materials: A spray bottle (alternatively, you can use a regular bottle and simply dab the mixture on yourself); 12 fresh rose petals; lavender essential oil; a lemon; a pot/cauldron; a stove, fire, or kettle; 4 cups water.
This spell is best done…: During a waning moon.
Cast circle and call quarters if desired. Ground and centre if needed.
Concentrate on driving away negative feelings. Visualize what pain, anxiety, and self-hate look like. What colours are they? What do they feel like? For me, negative feelings are dark brown and feel gritty like wet sand or dirt. Next, visualize what good feelings look and feel like. Imagine these good feelings replacing the bad. Say:
"I bless this work with self-love."
Pour 4 cups water into the pot. If you don’t have a stove or fire, boil the water in a kettle before you add it. To the water, add 12 drops lavender essential oil. As you add the oil, say:
"I banish anxiety. I bring peace."
Add 12 rose petals, saying:
"I banish pain. I bring love."
Add the juice of a fresh lemon, saying:
"I banish negativity. I bring happiness."
Pour all the good energy you can into the mixture. I like holding my hands over the pot and picturing myself literally pouring bright light into the pot as if it’s water running from my fingers. Say:
"Darkness is banished and light comes to me. So mote it be." *
Bring the water to a boil and let sit, uncovered, for about 20 minutes (or, it kettle was used, let sit for 20 minutes). Strain the mixture into a bottle and discard the petals and any other leftover materials in the water (i.e. lemon seeds).
Carry the bottle with you, spraying yourself whenever you feel the need to. I like halving the mixture; keep a bottle put away, and carry a tiny mister with you.
*You can replace “So mote it be” with any statement you wish.
Spell written by: Deborah Lipp
Spell from: Llewellyn’s 2014 Witches’ Spell-A-Day Almanac
Do not remove credit
Repurpose and old light bulb into a witch ball!
I want a directory of the tumblr witchcraft community, so that when someone is looking for a particular branch of witchcraft there’s an easy list of the blogs all in one place :)
Feel free to Add your blog to the list, and include a link, you can add your name under any applicable fields
If you have a category you fall under that isn’t on the list, go ahead an add it, you can also message me with a list of the things you practice if you’d like me to add you to the list :) I’m hoping this make it’s easier to find resources in the community, that are relevant to what someone is looking for at the time, and that we can also use it to discover similar blogs, or new interests
Blood Magic (sangomancy)
- Sponge Of Malphas
- ImagineJubilation (herbal healing too)
- TacticalNymphomania (not a member of The Golden Dawn or OTO)
Pop Culture Magic
Weather Work (general)
Bonus: Volunteers for Research Assistance!
a great tea to have on hand for when the colds season hits,
add 1 scoop per cup of tea.
1/4 cup Echinacea leaves
1/4 cup peppermint leaves
1/4 cup lemon balm leaves
3 tbsp dried elder berries
store in air tight container good for up to 6 months.
3 Ways to Practise Without Practising | Part One
Over the years I’ve come up with a few ways to practise without really practising. Whether you’re hiding your faith from parents or school yard sceptics, financially unable to splurge on “needed” resources or like me - just have very little time! - there is bound to be something amongst the following you hadn’t thought of or something you can incorporate into your everyday living.
The Journal aka Book of Shadows | As you should know the B.O.S has negative connotations and isn’t a book of “evil spells” but in fact a personal resource kept secret or “in the shadows”. I currently have ten journals and counting that contain both everyday and work related scribblings as well as thoughts and spiritual research (that I transfer to my main one later). The two keys to maintaining this tool in secret is to…
- Keep it portable - a notebook you can pop into your handbag or laptop case and carry with you wherever you go. That way whenever you have a thought or realisation or can get it down on paper. A5 moleskin diaries are perfect - they have pockets for found natural objects, scraps of paper etc and quality paper to stick in images and magazine tears for inspiration.
- Keep it quaint - If you’re trying to hide your B.O.S it’s probably not a good idea to put Book Of Shadows or associated materials on the cover of your journal. I know it can important to feel as though you identify in all aspects with the craft as much as possible in your early years but the real magick is in you not the fancy “witchy” things you have. And if you try and hide it whenever someone is about just makes people want to investigate - so be casual.
- Having something is important - a B.O.S, a daily diary, a notebook, a dream journal, a goals diary, blog, whatever! It is important to have something in which you can verbalise your thoughts and feelings - which often inspires new thoughts, feelings and discoveries.
Exercise | This can be yoga, going for a jog, a gym workout or even school fitness. Now hear me out! When you participate in a physical activity you build up and exert energy. Exercise on top of its physical benefits increases endorphins which is why you feel so good after a decent workout. Exercising also puts you in a fresh head space. Imagine how much energy can be put into an affirmation or spell if you combine the physical energy built up during exercising with the energy you would put into building your sphere or sacred space and ultimately your spell? The essentials are there, you just need a pair of runners!
- Exercise outdoors and you’re in the purest of spaces - all the elements surround you. Fresh air fills your lungs. The sights and smells of nature - grass, ground, trees, leaves, ants, birds etc. The sun or moon shining down upon you or maybe the energy of a storm or incoming rain brewing instead. Get back to basics and get back to nature.
- The mind is powerful - think about the intention of the spell, the parties involved, the current feelings, visualisations of your intention incorporated to your life, maybe repeat an affirmation over and over and when you’re at you’re limit release it all. Let it all go and send your spell out into the Universe - even if that means falling on the grass. I promise you will sleep like a baby that night.
- Yoga almost embodies everything about Paganism and Wicca. It uses your mind, your body and your breathe to connect with yourself and to connect with the Universe. For adults or those open to new experiences then pole fitness is a surprising way to connect with yourself, your sensuality, your inner strength and physical strength. Don’t roll your eyes - think about it, it makes sense!
- No sceptical parent will argue with fresh air and exercise, come on! And you can look forward to P.E knowing you can use this time for your spellworking while just appearing to be focusing on the fitness. Who knows it might positively influence your report card! It really is as easy as going for a walk, a jog on the beach or busting it out at the gym.
Tea is cool | In recent years tea and tisanes and the many, many variations of them have become increasingly popular. I love tea! Be armed with a little herbal knowledge and you can pick out teas with elements that can benefit your particular spell. Or some tea boutiques have readily available assortments for hang-over remedies, detoxing, mood enhancers, sleep enhancers and more! All as close to organic and certifiabilly organic as possible.
- Create a tea ritual - Find a teapot (your cauldron!) and teacup that calls to you. Read up on available teas or purchase some cheesecloth and make you’re own! Maybe turn your usual morning “cup of joe” into a ritual that sets you up for an amazing day!
- Tea is meant to be shared - Make your own tea and give your friends and family some as a gift. Spread the positive and personalised love and vibes around! Or make a special tea for a guest with an ailment and watch their quickened recovery.
- Think of tea as herbs, flowers, fruits and spices. And think of it as magickal brew. Tea is anything that contains actual tea leaves in it. A tisane is anything prepared in the fashion of tea but doesn’t actually contain tea leaves.
20 Clever Altar Ideas
Do you have a small apartment? Do you share your space with someone who doesn’t respect your privacy? Do you prefer to keep you altar out of the way of prying eyes, or be able to bring it with you on the go? Use some of these ideas for creating a Pagan altar that will fit into the smallest spaces, be portable, or hidden in plain view.